Monday, February 28, 2011

Jehovah Jireh.

Today I got my passport in the mail, last week I got an email from the travel agent. I leave May 23rd, lay over in London [no I will not step foot out of the airport. Misty said she hopes I can find a good window to look out]. And on May 24th I land in Nigeria. Can I repeat that? MAY 24TH I LAND IN NIGERIA. 


The fact that I'm going is beginning to feel real, or is it becoming more dream like? I'm not really sure, but either way it's getting closer!


Why yes, I do have roughly $2,000 to raise before then. In fact $1650 of that will be used to pay for my plane ticket, and needs to be raised by late April. But my God is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides. So I'm not worried, just praying.

 I read a blog Kisses from Katie. Katie is a girl, currently about 21 single gal who lives in Uganda, and has adopted 14 girls. P.s. She moved there at the age of 18, and started an organization that feeds, clothes, provides medicine, and schooling for 400 orphans.  I started reading her blog from the beginning, and in  a blog from March of 2009 here is what I found.



"As a young single woman, don't you think living in Africa is dangerous? Are you afraid?"
I am more afraid of America. Matthew 10:28 tells us not to fear things that can destroy the body but to fear things that can destroy the soul. I can literally feel my soul suffocating in the safety of Brentwood and all it's numbness, complacency and comfort. Scary.

C.S. Lewis puts it this way:
"I shall feel rather nervous meeting a lion," said Susan.
"That you will, dearie, and make no mistake," said Mrs. Beaver, "if there is anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking they're either braver than most or just silly."
"Then He isn't safe?" said Lucy.
"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver; "Who said anything about safe?! Of Course He isn't safe. But He is good. He is the King I tell you."
(The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)

No, I do not always stay safe. He's the King I tell you! We are not called to be safe, we are simply promised that when we are in danger God is right there with us, and there is no better place to be than in His hands. We are supposed to SHUDDER, knees knocking, when we think of our Lord and all He has called us to. So here I am, trembling.

3 comments:

  1. Brie Meegan!! I cannot explain how much this post meant to me! It was as if you are speaking my thoughts exactly!! I love you sooo so much and I am so glad you are following where He is sending you!! I will continue to be praying for you! :)
    -Tia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I love it too! SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete