Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Orleans bound!

When you hear the word New Orleans what do you think of?
According to my good friend Google you most likely think of this:

Mardi Gras



The Saints


Hurricane Katrina. 



But when I hear New Orleans I think of this:




On Saturday I leave with my church group to go to New Orleans for Spring Break. We stay away from the tourist spots and spend most of our time at the intersection of 7th and Danneel. This will be my third year going. Pray for us while we are there please! It's always a new experience, and we always have some type of car, and or tire trouble getting there and coming back.  

The boy in the picture between Mike and I is Derrick, aka D. He is ten now, and I met him my first year there. I could talk for HOURS about this boy, and trust me, I have. The first time I went we were pretty much never separated. That picture was taken moments after he accepted Christ! It was the first time I got a front row seat to watch God move in someone's life. Breath taking.  I got to see him last year again, and I pray that I get to see him again. I LOVE HIM. More than I could ever truly put into words. So pray for D, that's he is safe and going to school. Last year when I saw him again he informed me he gets into a lot of fights at school and is often suspended. Even as I type I can picture his house, perfectly located so I can see him get off the bus from Wings of Faith, the church that let's us hang out and take it over for Backyard Bible Club. I just can't wait to be back there again!

How you can please pray for us there: safety, in travel and while we are there. Strength, and energy. And that we will pour ourselves out so much each day when we get on the bus to go back to the church we are staying out we collapse because all our energy and love has been given to those beautiful children.


In other news, I have $1,750 left to raise for Africa! Something about that number being less than $2,000 makes me feel sooooo much better! Continue to pray for that! 

If you read all this you're awesome! Sorry for my long-windedness, but you surely know that by know I talk a lot. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment