Sunday, August 25, 2013

Such a Sweet Sunday.

I'm taking a moment out of lesson plans to blog for the second time in one weekend. 

Today in church we sang a song about how one day every nation will praise God. In Japanese. Have I sang about this before? Yes, it's a common idea in worship songs. But never have I had the chance to sing this wonderful praise in another language. It was one of my favorite times in worship I have ever experienced. It was made just a bit sweeter because one of my Japanese friends I met at Worldlife, the international ministry I was apart of throughout college, was beside me. I was reminded that my God is not just a God of my country. My God is your God too. My God is the God of every nation. How beautiful is that fact? Does it blow you away as much as it blows me away? I spent a good amount of today dwelling in that.

Church was made a bit sweeter, yes it got even better, when we took communion. The bread was passed out. The pastor stood to tell us to eat our bread said “Dirty sinners that are loved deeply by God take the bread in remembrance.” It was an instant reminder of the incredible unending grace that has been given to me when I didn't deserve an ounce of it. Man. God is good.


In the midst of planning for my sweet energetic class I couldn't help but pray that I could show my students some of the grace that has been awarded to me because that same grace has been awarded to each of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment