Sunday, April 17, 2011

Finished. Përfunduar. Gotowy. 完成.

That is several languages for the word finished. Because I am officially done fundraising for Nigeria! If you heard a yell, or squeal earlier today it was most likely me.

Last Thursday I talked to my brother Daniel and he said he was giving me $100. I was blown away by God's provision then. Little did I know the MASSIVE things He was preparing me for.

This morning I was unbelievably blessed my Sunday school class, and my discipleship group. They gave me $697. WOAH NELLY. Yes I cried, a lot. They also gave me a card with such sweet words. I cried again when I read the card, and counted the money.

Later on during the day I was texting some people about how God used my class to bless me, and I received a phone call saying the remaining $118 was taken care of. More tears.

For those who know me, I'm pretty talkative. But I spent a good deal of time silent, unable to find words to express how I felt. For a while I was having trouble thinking about anything other than God's provision, but I didn't have much else I wanted to think about. As I sat in silence at the table watching my nephews paint they asked why I was so quiet, and why I kept smiling. My reply "God is good."

I really can't say thank you enough, to those who gave. But most of all to the One who planned this from the beginning. Jehovah Jireh, the Lord provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment