Thursday, July 21, 2011

The box.

I have two weeks left here. And goodness I just don't think it's enough time. I am already making plans on how and when to come back next summer. I just don't know how I ma going to go an entire year without seeing these sweet little faces.


Ever since the kids heard my parents were sending them a box they had been asking almost everyday "Brie! Will the box come today?!" I always told them it will come with Anna. They knew which day Anna would get here, so they had been counting down. 

Well Anna arrived yesterday, so THE BOX got here last night. We called them into my room one at a time so the others were lined up outside of our flat. Kara said it correctly when she said “It's like 12 year old girls waiting for a Jonas Brother's concert.” When some of the kids came in they couldn't even sit still they were so excited. They all left beaming. My favorite might have to be Baby Joy. She is 2 years old. I had my mom send her some dress up shoes, because she is ALWAYS wearing shoes that don't belong to her. So before she walked in our room I put the shoes on the floor. She walked in smiled and simply put them on and began to walk around without saying a word. But as soon as the shoe touched her foot she lit up. We had some trouble getting her to sit still enough to show her the new clothes and toys. She was soooo focused on those shoes.

The kids played with all their new toys all night. And last night for prayer about 5 of them came in wearing their new clothes. They looked SO cute! Good job Mom and Dad!

I don't have much time, so I'm sorry this is so short.

My flight lands in DFW in 14 days. I can't wait to see your beautiful smiling faces. I love you!  

2 comments:

  1. Brie, I love you so. If you weren't going to be a "Mom" in Africa, as well as a teacher, I'd tell you to think about a career in writing.
    Love you my oh so precious daughter,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure everyone who reads this wants to see a picture of sweet little Joy in her new shoes, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete