Sunday, July 10, 2011

One month left?

I love skype. I got to talk to some of my wonderful family the past few days. And I am so thankful for it! Man I didn't even realize how much I missed them! And the kids LOVED getting to see some of my family. They jump into the frame, seriously. Some of them jumped.

Well I have less than a month left. And I just can't believe it. I mean, I've lived in Africa for over a month already? Huh? I keep thinking sooner or later I'm going to wake up in my bed and find out it has been a dream. And everyday I thank God that I wake up still in Nigeria and find out it's not a dream. It is in fact reality.

I have been working on my nursing skills. I wont go into great detail on here, when I told Darby he was making faces so I'll spare you some details. But I'm pretty excited about it. I'm learning random things about how to clean wounds, and how to correctly treat things I have never seen before. I LOVE IT. Man is it weird I love this stuff so much? Kara thinks so. I jump at every chance to help Bev take care of someone.
The other night I cleaned a boy's big wound on his ankle. He got hit by a car back in January and still has a large burn on his ankle. I had watched Bev clean and out a bandage on it a few times. And she let me take the reins. I don't like knowing I'm causing someone pain, and the poor boy is in a great deal of pain when his leg gets cleaned. I had to keep reminding him that if I was a doctor I would not be so nice about it. Doctors here are not known for bed side manner. Bev was with someone who had a broken leg getting an X-ray and was crying because well, they had a broken leg. And the doctor yelled, “SHUT UP! Are you a baby?” And I have been told several stories of someone being told their family member died and the doctor told them to stop crying.

The point of that was I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. But I felt bad that he was in so much pain.

I help in Children's Church every Sunday. But this week they started a class for the kids 7 and under that is separate from the older kids. I was in there, and I loved it of course! The lesson was about creation. I made up motions for each day so the kids could remember on what day what was created.

During church there is a time for testimonies about what God has been doing in people's lives. For the second time now someone brought a chicken as an offering. During a baby dedication the family brought a chicken as well. Kara and I are always thrown off just a bit by it.

Oh hey I got African clothes! And I really do love them! I give Tochi, staff member, a hard time for being so picky about what kind of fabric I buy for myself to wear. But when it comes down it, he picked some good stuff. I guess the boy's got taste. 

Here's a picture of Ugo and I for ya! I hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful Brie! I enjoyed reading your post. Keep working hard for Him!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Brie!!! Love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete