Friday, July 15, 2011

For Miss. Kara Rainwater.

Well I have two more weeks left here. And it's just weird. Kara and I talk a lot about what we are going to miss. And how we are going to go through withdrawals without each other. I mean, spending almost every hour about 5 feet away from each other for 2 months and our beds are about 5 inches apart. Then we will suddenly be a few hours away. WEIRD.

I think I will dedicate this blog to Kara Morgan Rainwater. [Isn't that a cool last name?]

Well for those who don't know I met Kara last summer at Mission Arlington. She worked with Brittany and I for two weeks. She read something about me going to Africa on facebook and called to ask me about it. And then BAM! She was coming!

I'm so glad out of all the people who could have come with me, it was her. We get along really well. Like really well. I don't think we have had any problem at all. Our joke for this is “Well if I have to sleep a few inches away from you, I don't want to have to worry in my sleep.” But really it's just because she's stinking awesome. I LOVE our late night talks about what we are learning while we are hear, what we have experienced with God, and just life in general.

I am so thankful that God knew what He was doing when He brought her with me. I'm pretty sure I would have gone crazy without her. It's just good to have someone to sit and go over the day's events and to remind me of things I have to do.

I'm going to miss her terribly. Seriously. I may have to call her like 50 times a day just to tell her some random thought, joke, or story. I'm sure there will be many trips to Tyler to go visit her.


Side note: We have been painting for the past few days from when we wake up to the point we fall asleep. No exaggeration there. There has been nonstop painting. The flat and the staircase look great, but smell terrible right now. Our next painting project is the flat the boys stay in. One wall will be Manchester United, and another Chelsea. I'm pretty excited about it! Manchester and Chelsea are the two favorite soccer teams around here. Randomly you can here someone yell, “Manu for lifffffe!” And then someone will reply “Chelsea for lifffffe!” So their flat should be too legit to quit.

Oh, tonight Kara and I ate some lizard. This thing was a pretty beastly thing, it looked like a small komodo dragon . It was about a foot and half long, at least. Some of the boys killed it on the way back from the field. They cut it up and put it in a pot. Kara and I ate part of the tail, I thought it tasted a lot like fish. So add lizard to my list of foods I ate while in Nigeria.

There have been many times when I have thought in class, “You know I'll never use that in Africa.” One of those times was when I made an interactive powerpoint in my computers in the classroom class. Well just now I had about 10 kids around my computer looking at my little zoo.

I felt so accomplished that I was teaching kids with my own homework assignment. And they enjoyed it! Man if I ever felt like a teacher it was then!

Well I'm super tired, and we have more painting to do tomorrow! So goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment