Thursday, July 28, 2011

Goodbyes, Painting, Clinics, VBS, and Possible Returns.

I have less than one week left here. In fact I have 6 days left. 4 more days until I leave Opi, the village I am currently leaving in, and travel to Lagos while I wait for my flight. Can you feel my heart breaking? Because I can.

Goodbyes suck. I have decided I just don't like them at all. 

I can't wait to see my wonderful friends and family! I am so looking forward to the mass amounts of hugs, laughs and stories waiting for me in the States. But I don't want to leave the mass amounts of hugs, laughs, stories that are here for me.

We got some visitors this past week. A pastor, doctor, two college students and the Starlings daughter Anna. While they have been here we painted the boys flat. It is half blue and half red, for Chelsea and Manchester United. The team logos were just finished yesterday. The boys love it so much! For the past few days there have been an endless yells of “Manu for lifffffeee! Chelsea for deathhhhh!” And of course “Chelsea for liffffeee! Manu for deathhhhhhhh!” They also painted the main room in the girls flat, just light blue.

We have done two medical clinics. I got to go to one. I worked as the pharmacist with Bianca, one of the college students who came for the week. It was exhausting, but I enjoyed it. But I now know for sure, God did not create me to be a pharmacist.

VBS is this week. It ends today. It has been going really well. I am in games with Chuks. The kids loved Red Rover, and Tug of War best. The little kids are the hardest to do anything with. The age groups turned into 1 year to 5 years. Do you know how hard it is to get a 15 kids under 5 years old to play the same game? It's nearly impossible.

Tomorrow we are going to hike to a waterfall. It will be me second time to go there. It is sooo beautiful, but there are these bats that are everywhere. And I don't really like them, at all. But I'm excited!

The kids have been asking me when I am coming back. So I am thinking about planning on coming back for at least a short time next summer. I just don't know how long I can go without seeing their sweet little faces.

Well I should roll. I'll see your lovely faces next week! And I am pretty excited about it. I hope you get ready for story time! :]

2 comments:

  1. What a great journey and experience. Thank you for taking us all with you through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a complete inspiration for Elizabeth and I to follow you through your journey!
    Cynthia Elliott

    ReplyDelete