Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Good to be Home.


 I wrote this blog on the tenth, and saved it to my computer and that didn't help much when the internet hasn't been working on my computer. I would have more blogs written, but the kids are always watching movies or playing games.


Well we got here! We should have landed 3:30 om on Sunday. Instead we landed 3 am on Monday. Our flight out of Atlanta was delayed...and delayed...and delayed. We were supposed to fly out at 10:45 Sunday (24 hours after our original flight), we fly out about 8 Monday morning. So we spent the night, not sleeping, in the airport. While we were in the airport we met some really great people. We helped one mom take care of her three children so she could get some sleep. We watched people's bags so they could go eat, or sleep. It was a LONG time to wait, but it was okay because we spent most of the time helping people.

Our flight from Lagos to Enugu was delayed 30 minutes, and it couldn't land the first try. But we landed! We went to a grocery store, guys this is a big deal. It was almost like a Wal Mart, be impressed. Then we were on our way!

We pulled up to A Place of Hope about 3pm. On the road to the orphanage we saw a few of the kids. And let me just say my heart jumped at the sight of Swardat! And then when I saw Mesoma sitting with some people. Oh goodness I was even more excited to get there. Pulling up a group of kids was outside the gate waving and such. When the door opened inside I saw Simdat's beautiful smile and he said “Good afternoon Brie.” Then I heard lots of yelling, and there were so many hugs. I almost cried every time a new child turned the corner to say hello. I met the new children, who are also just the sweetest things ever. We hugged, exchanged greetings. I went upstairs to take my things and when I started down the stairs I heard some of the older girls running up screaming “BRIE!” We stood on the stairs hugging. Then some of the women staff came up. It was the best welcome I could have asked for.

I spent a good deal of time asking everyone how they are, catching up on things I missed. We played 'Mother May I?', Little Sally Walker. Then I took a two hour nap. I was woken up by Ugo and Mom coming in my room. I talked some more, played some more. It's been a great day.

I can't put into words how great it is to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment