Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5 Days.

I leave in exactly 5 days. Saying that, even thinking about that, forces a mass amount of emotions. This week I'm trying to finishing buying things for my trip, pack, spend time with people with friends and family, and relax. I'm not sure all of these things can happen. So I'm giving up relaxing until the others are done. I'll have time to relax on the plane right?

I got my visa today! I must admit I was beginning to get a little nervous. I kept reminding myself that God took care of the bigs things, he will take care of the little ones. I want to say thanks to everyone who prayed with me, and listened as I voiced my frustration. I just love you guys.

Tonight is my last Wednesday at church. Very bittersweet. I'm rocking the waterproof mascara for the next few days. [Shout out to Twinkle, you know who you are, for the first tears  regrading the trip. I love you a lot.]

If I think about the trip, which is just about every other thought, I get chills can't help but smile and sometimes even tear up [again with the waterproof mascara...] because, well, it's just a dream come true.

My friend Carli is going to North Africa for a month. She leaves on Saturday. Please pray for her safety while traveling and while she is there. She is going to a closed country. I just love that we will be on the same continent!

You guys are awesome! I hope you are having an awesome summer!

2 comments:

  1. Brie, I wish you safe travels. Don't forget your mosquito net, medicines and just be careful. I want you back home safe. I will pray that all goes well and the trip is everything you hoped.

    Love, Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I have my mosquito net and started taking my meds today!I will try my very best to be careful. And thank you for the prayers, it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete