Monday, May 23, 2011

Today?!

Well I leave today. In one hours I leave for the airport. I have had a week full of goodbyes. All of them sweet, with a hint of bitterness. 

My favorite goodbye was yesterday in Children's Church. As I tried to sneak out to make it in time to make it to Big Church to see the baptisms Mrs. Angie waved to me. I then got tackled with just about all of children's church. I was surrounded by children hugging me, kissing me, and then it happened. There's always a kid who does it. Someone yelled "TICKLE HERRRRRRRR!" Then all the kids who were lovingly hugging me started tickling me. Two children wrapped around themselves my legs.
Heels+ tickling+2 kids wrapped around your legs= a horrible combination. 

Walking to Big Church I already missed them. 

I have been reminded by the mass amounts of wonderful people that God has surrounded me with. The ones who are in my house, and the ones who live far away. I love you guys and I am SOOOOOO thankful for you! Without the love, support, prayer, and listening ears you gave I would not be where I am today. Seriously. Even as I sit and type this I'm getting texts and facebook comments telling me people are praying for me. Y'all are great!

Speaking of texts. PLEASE DO NOT text me or call me this summer. If you feel the need to, please feel the need to send my parents some money. International rates are ridiculous. If you want to get a hold of me use skype [brie.meegan is my screen name], facebook, email, or my blog! It's not that I don't want to hear from you. I just don't want it to cost my parents an arm and a leg! 

It's just that I still don't feel like I'm leaving today. And I'm leaving in an hour. I think it will hit me once I have been there a few days. Or maybe when I land in Nigeria and realize not everyone speaks English.

I just printed my boarding passes. WEIRD. I got to pick my seats, window seats! I'm so excited! I have wanted to fly at night for a really long time and I get to do it tonight! Well I feel like with only one hour left here I should be doing something other than this...If I can I'll update in London to let you know I'm there! And I will update as soon as I can once I get to Nigeria!

No comments:

Post a Comment