Friday, May 27, 2011

Dejee!

Dejee is a greeting here! Hey guys I'm here! The flights was so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG and bumpy.
One here I spent the night in Lagos, which is where I flew into and then the next day flew to Enugu, the state where the orphanage is, had about an hour car ride. [Driving here is nuts.] So after 17 hours of traveling, not including the time I spent in the London airport or in Lagos, I arrived.

And man what a welcome! SO. PRECIOUS. I was surrounded by beautiful children all saying "Welcome Briet!" Which is how they say my name. Oh goodness I fell in love instantly.

I have two roommates. They are 5 year old boys. I give them their bath and help them get ready for school in the morning. I love it! But they snore all night....

I'm adjusting to the time...kinda...

I'm trying to learn all the names and some of the language, but I don't think I'm very good. My accent is already changing, so it helps them understand me better.

I'll post more pictures later. But I'm in a hurry now. The kids are out of school for Children's Day. I love you guys and hope all is well!

5 comments:

  1. Praying!! Love it. Cabt wait to read nore and,see pictures!! Love u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie it sounds like you're having an amazing time already! I can't wait to hear more and I am so proud of what you are doing there this summer :) Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! Remember me?

    Royce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brie,

    We will keep you in our prayers. Looking forward to more posts....

    Sherry Simpson,
    Llano, Tx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i knew you would fall in love with those kids. i cant wait to hear back from you. ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! i miss you and so does chris and the boys. have a great time and post some pics of real giraffes! i love you. misty

    ReplyDelete