Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pictures and prayer.

Here are some pictures for you! 


This is Chizoba, Mesoma, and me!


Dajan. I mentioned him in an earlier blog.


Chizoba wearing my pj trousers and a pillow. 
[Pants here means underwear. So what we call pants they call trousers. Shorts are knickers. And underwear in called pants.]


Ugo and me thumb warring. I taught them how to thumb war and they love it!


Chijindu.


Tokshi.


I wanted to share a few pictures. I can't post a whole lot because there is a limit of how much uploading and downloading that can be done in a month.


Everyone has heard stories of poor little kids in Africa. And often think "Well isn't that sad?", or "Surely that doesn't happen." Well you are both wrong. It happens, and no it isn't sad. It's utterly heartbreaking. Some of the kids here have family that is still alive, but either they couldn't take care of them, or they didn't want the child anymore. So many of the kids here had to work all day and night to try to save money to buy food, clothes, and hopefully go to school. While their villages were burned they would go hide in near by trees waiting for the people to leave.

I don't want you to read this and cry, and think about how awful it is. I tell you this so you will pray for the kids. And not just the kids here, but also the kids where this is still their life. Please join me in praying for the children who are struggling to get enough money together to eat, and go to school.

Also please know that every night we have a prayer time. It's my favorite part of the day. But just about every night the kids will pray for our loved ones no matter where they are. So you are getting prayed for by some of the sweetest kids you'll ever met.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Brie! The kids are beautiful and I'm thankful that God has sent you there this summer to be his hands and feet. We love you! Keep working hard and pressing into God.-Ellen

    ReplyDelete